OPMA Outstanding Achievement Award
An organization or individual retail store, wholesaler, grower, packer/shipper or corporation (e.g. chain of stores, farm operation, logistics etc.) that has demonstrated an outstanding contribution to the produce industry through their efforts to improve the quality and distribution of fruits and vegetables marketed within or outside the province of Ontario. The winner of this award could also be responsible for a new technology or innovation introduced within the last year to the produce industry. The company, campaign or initiative or should be currently active or available in the Ontario produce industry.
- Companies who are leading initiatives in the fields of sustainability, food loss and waste reduction, technology
- A sustainable solution that has brought about significant improvements in the industry
- New company leading the way in an emerging area of produce
- A campaign or initiative that promotes diversity in the industry
Nominations should include:
- A description of how this company has made a significant contribution to the industry.
- Examples of how they have improved the quality or distribution of produce in Ontario.
- A description of the innovation or initiative they have developed to improve the industry and the impact it will have on the industry.